Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 71 (294 left): Ran in an unseasonably warm downtown Chicago and ended up with my fastest outdoor 5k ever and first one under 20:00! I started by just running. I knew I was going faster than normal, but I didn't think I was going that fast. I looked at Strava and at the first mile I was right around 6:00 and I say said what the fuck holy cow! I decided right then I was going to try and run under 20:00. I felt good the entire way, dodging traffic and people (there weren't a lot of either, it was almost 9 p.m.).

I ran along Adams, and Michigan Avenue, had a long stretch on Columbus (where I've finished the Chicago Triathlon twice). The Columbus stretch was pretty fast - no cars. As I headed back I knew it was close. I hit the 19:00 mark at just shy of thee miles. I was almost there.

The phone Strava GPS is a little delayed and I looked down at 3.1 miles and 19:52. I'd later realize that I really ran the 5k in 19:48. I'm very pleased with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment